- Applicant must be enrolled in or accepted for enrollment in a University, College, Community College, Technical School, CFedS Program, professional seminar, continuing education course or other program in Surveying, Geography, Remote Sensing, Geomatics, Cartography, Photogrammetry, Geodesy, or GIS.
- Applicant must demonstrate a progression towards a degree, occupation, or improved knowledge base in Surveying, Geography, Remote Sensing, Geomatics, Cartography, Photogrammetry, Geodesy, or GIS.
Please submit the following:
- A completed Joint Scholarship Application.
- A paper consisting of a minimum of 200 words discussing why surveying is important to applicant’s career goals and how applicant is going to learn about and apply surveying to applicant’s work. If the application is for a particular course, seminar or program, applicant must describe how such course work will help applicant achieve applicant’s goals and improve applicant’s contribution to the profession of surveying.
- All official college transcripts or high school transcripts if still in high school.
- A letter of recommendation from your faculty advisor, one of your professors, your employer, or your sponsor addressed to Professional Land Surveyors of Colorado, Inc. Scholarship Committee at the address listed above.
- List any academic honors, scholarships, community service, volunteer work, or awards received since entering high school.
- Include any applicable job experience, involvement with civic and professional associations, and your plans after graduation or completion of the coursework. An oral interview may be required to determine the successful applicant.
- Paper will need to be submitted as a hard copy and in Microsoft Word format.
Evaluation and Selection
The selection will be performed by the Professional Land Surveyors of Colorado, Inc. Scholarship Committee. The committee will use the following criteria to rate the submitted documents for selection.
Paper = 50%
Transcript and Grades = 25%
Other documents = 25%
Contact us with any questions or comments you have regarding this scholarship offer.
Becky Roland, PLSC Executive Director (303) 551-3266
Steve Parker, PLSC Education Committee Chairman (719) 590-9194
Please submit the completed application and required documents to:
PO Box 441069
Aurora, CO 80044
Or e-mail to: